Hello Guys Welcome Back My New Blog Here You Will Learn How To Make Healthy Welsh Rarebit At Home. Welsh rarebit is a delicacy with a spicy cheese sauce and crunchy toasted bread. It also features overtones of mustard and pepper, as well as a hint of beer. It’s a cheesy, saucy sauce that goes well with toasted bread.
A classic version of this dish was shared with me. This is my version of a recipe using more locally sourced components. If you don’t like beer, milk can be substituted and the dish will still be delicious. Serve with toasted bread or English muffins as a side dish.
Welsh Rarebit Recipe
Welsh rarebit is a delicacy with a spicy cheese sauce and crunchy toasted bread. It also features overtones of mustard and pepper, as well as a hint of beer. It’s a cheesy, saucy sauce that goes well with toasted bread.
PREP TIME-10 mins, COOK TIME-20 mins, TOTAL TIME-30 mins, CALORIES-270 kcal
- 50 g Butter
- 50 g Flour
- 250 g Cheddar
- 250 ml Warmed Beer
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 teaspoon Mustard
- 4 slices Granary Bread
- Black Pepper (to season)
- To begin, place some butter in a skillet and allow it to melt completely. Mix in the flour thoroughly for a few minutes. Continue to cook while constantly stirring it. Then, to make a smooth and dense sauce, add the beer.
- After that, add the cheese and continue to stir until it melts completely.
- Combine the Worcestershire sauce and mustard in a mixing bowl. Season with black pepper after thoroughly mixing them together.
- Last but not least, butter the toasted bread. On top of that, spread the cheese mixture. The bread should next be well grilled and served hot.
Calories: 270kcal, Carbohydrates: 7.2g, Protein: 11.5g, Fat: 21.1g, Saturated Fat: 13.1g, Cholesterol: 64mg, Sodium: 505mg, Potassium: 115mg, Fiber: 0.2g, Sugar: 2.1g, Vitamin A: 699IU, Vitamin C: 0.1mg, Iron: 0.6mg