Hello Guys Welcome Back To My New Blog Here You Will Learn How To Make Healthy Shepherd Pie At Home. When Shepherd’s pie first originated, It was made with lamb. Since then, it has expanded to embrace a wide range of red meats, particularly in the United States. A shepherd’s pie, cottage pie, or hachis is a ground beef pie with a mashed potato shell or topping that originated in England. Creating it at home is a simple process.
Try this classic rendition of shepherd’s pie. No matter what kind of meat you choose, this dish is sure to warm you up from the inside out during the cold winter months. Everyone in the family will enjoy this quick and comfortable lunch.
With a variety of meat fillings and potato crusts, this Shepherd’s pie may be cooked at home in a variety of ways. Shepard’s pie requires meat, oil, salt, pepper, onion, and tomato to cook for at least five minutes before the meat is added and the dish is finished. You can whip up a batch of this lean pork filling in no time.
Using this method, you can prepare a potato coat recipe by first boiling some potatoes in a Bolier cooker. Then you can combine the cooked potatoes with some butter and other seasonings like salt and pepper before mixing everything together in a dish and sprinkling it with parmesan cheese. This dish for mashed potatoes is both tasty and simple to prepare.
It was simply a brief summary of the Shepherd’s pie recipe, and the whole dish is below.
Ingredients For Shepherd Pie
For Meat Filling
|Olive Oil||2 tbsp|
|Chopped Yellow Onion||1 Cup|
|Ground Beef||1 lb|
|Dried Parsley Leaves||2 tsp|
|Dried Rosemary Leaves||1 tsp|
|Dried Thyme Leaves||1 tsp|
|Ground Black Pepper||1/2 tsp|
|Worcestershire Sauce||1 tbsp|
|All-Purpose Flour||2 tbsp|
|Tomato Paste||2 tbsp|
|Beef broth||1 Cup|
|Mixed Peas||1 Cup|
|Corn Kernels||1/2 Cup|
For Potato Coating
|Russet Potato||2 lb|
|Unsalted Butter||8 tbsp|
|Half and Half||1/3 Cup|
|Garlic Powder||1/2 tsp|
|Ground Black Pepper||1/4 tsp|
|Parmesan Cheese||1/4 Cup|
It takes a while to create Shepherd Pie, so you’ll need to be patient. What about Shepherd Pie’s preparation time? Let us know in the comments.
Time Will You Need To Make Shepherd’s Pie?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|20 Mins||50 Mins||70 Mins|
For Meat Filling
- Using a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of oil over medium-high heat.
- For 5 minutes, sauté the onions in the hot oil.
- Salt and pepper the ground beef before adding it to the pan.
- The meat should be brown after 10 minutes of cooking.
- Add the Worcestershire sauce and garlic.
- Cook for about a minute by whisking the ingredients together and then remove from the heat. Cook for one minute after adding Worcestershire sauce and garlic to a skillet.
- Flour and tomato paste should be added.
- Make sure there are no clumps of tomato paste left after thoroughly stirring.
- Frozen peas, carrots, and corn are added to the flour and tomato paste combination.
- After 5 minutes of simmering, remove the meat mixture from the pot and put it aside.
For Potato Coating
- Boil potatoes and water in a big saucepan for 15 minutes or until fork-tender.
- After the potatoes have been boiled, drain them and add butter, half & half, garlic powder, salt, and pepper back into the saucepan with the potatoes.
- Add the parmesan cheese and continue to toss the potatoes until they are well-combined.
Nutritional Facts Of Shepherd Pie
A nutritional analysis of Shepherd Pie has been provided below for those of you concerned about your health before deciding to try a new food item.
In the spirit of Thanksgiving, I hope you’ve enjoyed my Shepherd Pie Recipe. Share your thoughts in the comments area below if you make this pie at home. Keep an eye out for more recipes like these in the future.