Are you tired of the same old salads? Try the Southwest salad at McDonald’s! This salad’s ingredients will have you drooling in no time. Do you want to know what the components are? To find out the secrets, try the protein-packed McDonald’s southwest salad dish.
McDonald’s southwest salad with healthy and nutritious ingredients will satisfy your appetite. Lettuce, lime juice, honey, cilantro, lime zest, chicken, avocado, tortilla strips, and a blend of rich spices go into this vibrant salad.
The southwest salad from McDonald’s will be ready in no time. Also, don’t forget the dressing, which is the golden rule of salad creation. The southwest salad dressing will be ready after whisking together the fundamental ingredients.
If you enjoy salads, lettuce talks the specifics of how to prepare the dish. Below is a list of the necessary equipment, ingredients, nutritional information, and instructions.
What Are the Ingredients for McDonald’s Southwest Salad?
- Bowls — In one bowl, marinate the chicken; in another, toss the salad ingredients.
- Tong – Use a tong to toss the salad.
- Grilling Pan — Use a grilling pan to cook the chicken.
- Baking Tray — To bake the grilled chicken to perfection, place it in a baking tray.
- Knife – Use a knife to chop the vegetables.
To make McDonald’s Southwest Salad, you’ll need the following ingredients.
- Southwest Salad with Boneless Chicken — This salad has grilled chicken in it. To make the salad, get some boneless chicken.
- Lime Juice – Use a teaspoon of lime juice to marinate the chicken.
- Honey – A spoonful of honey can be added for a touch of sweetness.
- Fresh Cilantro — Toss in some chopped cilantro into the marinade. It will enhance the minty flavour.
- Garlic Powder – A teaspoon of garlic powder will enhance the aromatic and powerful flavour of the dish.
- Lime Zest – The marinade will become more flavorful with the addition of lemon zest.
- Chopped Romaine Lettuce — Toss some lettuce into the southwest salad.
- Black beans — High in fibre and antioxidants, black beans are a great source of nutrition. It will provide a delicate taste to the dish while also increasing the nutritional value.
- Diced Tomatoes — When it comes to Southwest salads, it’s all about the fresh vegetables. To make the salad more sour, toss in more diced tomatoes.
- Bell peppers – Lettuce and tomatoes pair well with sweet bell peppers.
- Onions – Chopped onions can be used to a savoury blend.
- Avocado — Chopped avocado slices provide a nutty and buttery flavour to the mix.
- Tortilla Strips — Toss in a few tortilla chips to give the salad some crunch.
- Corn — Serve the salad with roasted corn on top.
- Cucumbers – Cucumbers will give the southwest salad a refreshing flavour.
- Season with salt to taste.
For Southwest Dressing
- Sour Cream — To make southwest dressing, start with a spoonful of sour cream.
- Lime Juice – A teaspoon of lime juice will give the dressing a tangy flavour.
- Smoked Paprika – Add smoked paprika to the southwest dressing to warm it up.
- Chili Flakes or Cayenne Pepper — Add some heat to the dressing with chilli flakes or cayenne pepper.
- Onion Powder — Add a teaspoon of onion powder to the southwest dressing to add flavour.
- Black pepper – Add a teaspoon of black pepper to the dressing.
Steps To Make McDonald’s Southwest Salad
1. Farm To Fork
Using a teaspoon of olive oil, lime juice, honey, fresh cilantro, garlic powder, salt, and lime zest, marinate the boneless chicken. Stir the marinade into the chicken and set it aside for 40 minutes. After the chicken has rested, broil it for 5 minutes before baking it for 15 minutes. Crispy and tender chicken strips will arise as a result of this method.
2. Creamy Zest
In a mixing bowl, whisk together all of the fundamental ingredients for the creamy salad dressing. To taste, combine sour cream, lime juice, smoked paprika, chilli flakes, onion powder, black pepper, and salt. To make a smooth and creamy salad dressing, whisk it together evenly.
3. Bring Together
Assemble all of the ingredients for the salad. Chopped Romaine lettuce, black beans, corn, diced tomatoes, cucumbers, sweet peppers, avocado, onions, tortilla strips, roasted corn, and cooked chicken slices should all be combined in a bowl. Serve with a dollop of creamy salad dressing on top!
|Dietary Fiber||6 g|
McDonald’s Southwest Salad Recipe
McDonald’s Southwest Salad is an amazing and refreshing salad prepared with black beans, tomatoes, chicken, lime juice, cilantro, and some rice spices. To know more follow the full recipe.
PREP TIME-10 mins, COOK TIME-20 mins, TOTAL TIME-30 mins, CALORIES-470 kcal
- Grilling Pan
- Baking Tray
- ½ pound Boneless Chicken
- 1 teaspoon Lime Juice
- 1 teaspoon Honey
- ½ Fresh Cilantro
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Lime Zest
- ½ cup Romaine Lettuce
- ½ cup Black beans
- ½ cup Diced Tomatoes
- ½ cup Bell Peppers
- ½ cup Onions
- ½ cup Avocado
- ½ cup Tortilla Strips
- ½ cup Corn
- ½ cup Cucumbers
- teaspoon Salt
For Southwest Dressing
- 1 tablespoon Sour Cream
- 1 tablespoon Lime Juice
- 1 tablespoon Smoked Paprika
- 1 tablespoon Chili Flakes
- 1 tablespoon Onion Powder
- 1 tablespoon Black Pepper
- Combine olive oil, lime juice, honey, fresh cilantro, garlic powder, and lime zest in a mixing bowl. Mix everything up thoroughly.
- Half a cup of the marinade should be saved and the rest should be poured over the boneless chicken. Refrigerate the chicken for 40 minutes after wrapping it in cling film.
- Grill the marinated chicken till golden brown on all sides. While the chicken is grilling, keep basting it with the marinade.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and bake the grilled chicken for 20 minutes.
- In a mixing dish, combine all of the ingredients for the salad dressing.
- To taste, combine sour cream, lime juice, smoked paprika, chilli flakes, onion powder, and salt.
- To make a smooth and creamy salad dressing, whisk it together evenly.
- Finally, start putting everything together. Chopped Romaine lettuce, black beans, corn, diced tomatoes, cucumbers, sweet peppers, avocado, onions, tortilla strips, and cooked chicken slices should all be combined in a salad dish.
- Serve with a drizzle of Southwest salad dressing on top.