Hello Guys Welcome Back My New Blog Here you will How To Make Healthy Garrotxa Bread Salad at Home. Combine the crispy golden bread, horseradish vinaigrette, and Garrotxa cheese in a mixing bowl. Thanksgiving supper should include a Garrotxa bread salad. I can assure you! This salad is going to make your guests swoon. It’s a no-fuss dish that will delight cheese lovers.
Crispy bread slices are served in a horseradish vinaigrette in the Garrotxa bread salad. Honey, Dijon mustard, white wine vinegar, and salt are all included in the horseradish vinaigrette. The Garrotxa cheese and membrillo give the salad extra flavour and a sweet and savoury twist.
If you don’t have Garrotxa, you can substitute Spanish or Manchego cheese. So be ready for a forkful of crispy Thanksgiving salad pleasure. Take a look at the ingredient and equipment lists below. Make sure you have all of these items on hand before proceeding to the recipe instructions.
What will you need to make a Garrotxa Bread Salad?
- Toss all of the salad ingredients together in a large mixing basin. To create the salad dressing, use a small bowl (horseradish vinaigrette).
- Roasting Pan- To toast the bread slices, you’ll need a roasting pan.
- Mix the bread, Garrotxa cheese, salad dressing, and membille using a spatula.
- For a smooth salad dressing, use a spoon to whisk in the ingredients.
- To toast the bread slices, place a baking sheet on the roasting tray.
- The oven is necessary for toasting the bread for the salad.
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||10 Minutes||20 Minutes|
What are the ingredients for a Garrotxa Bread Salad?
- Ciabatta bread—For the salad, a half loaf of ciabatta bread is sufficient. Before using it in the recipe, cut it into one-inch pieces.
- Approximately four tablespoons of olive oil should be used in the recipe. To toast the bread and make the salad dressing, you’ll need olive oil.
- Kosher salt- Season the salad with kosher salt to enhance the flavour.
- Freshly ground black pepper can be used to add extra spice to the salad and make it spicier.
- Horseradish- For the salad, drain two tablespoons of horseradish. It gives the salad a pungent peppery flavour.
- White wine vinegar- Toss white wine vinegar into the salad to bring out all of the flavours and intensify the flavour.
- Dijon mustard- Add Dijon mustard to the salad dressing to give it a mustard flavour.
- Honey- A teaspoon of honey will give the salad a subtle sweetness.
- Vegetable oil- To make the salad dressing have a beautiful texture, add two teaspoons of vegetable oil to it.
- Membrillo-slice little pieces of membrillo (or quince paste). It gives the salad a pleasantly sweet flavour.
- Garrotxa cheese- To give the salad a savoury and tangy flavour with a hint of moderate sweetness, add four ounces of Garrotxa cheese.
- Baby arugula leaves- Add baby arugula leaves to this Garrotxa bread salad.
How To Make It Garrotxa Bread Salad
Toast the bread in the oven
Place the bread slices on a baking sheet lined roasting pan. Season the pieces with salt and freshly ground black pepper after drizzling olive oil over them. Toss the bread in the oil and seasoned spices to coat it. In a preheated oven, bake them for 8 to 10 minutes (375 F). Allow for crisping and golden browning of the bread slices.
Prep the salad dressing
Combine vinegar, horseradish, mustard, honey, and two tablespoons olive oil in a small bowl (along with vegetable oil). To make a smooth salad dressing, whisk together all of the ingredients.
Toss all the elements together and serve
Toss Garrotxa cheese and Membrillo with toasted bread, arugula, and salad dressing in a large mixing basin. Serve with a pinch of salt and pepper.
|Saturated Fat||8 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||2 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||13 g|
|Vitamin A||293 IU|
|Vitamin C||4 mg|
Garrotxa Bread Salad Recipe
Crisp golden bread, Garrotxa cheese, and membrillo are combined in a horseradish vinaigrette to make a Garrotxa bread salad (salad dressing). Horseradish, vinegar, and seasoning spices are all present in the salad dressing. It’s the ideal salad to serve alongside Thanksgiving dinner.
PREP TIME-10 mins, COOK TIME-10 mins, TOTAL TIME-20 mins, CALORIES-398 kcal
- Roasting Pan
- Baking Sheet
- 1/2 loaf Ciabatta Bread (1-inch slices)
- 4 ounces Garrotxa Cheese (finely grated)
- 2 ounces Membrillo (quince paste)
- Baby Arugula (to serve)
- 2 tablespoons Horseradish (drained)
- 4 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons White Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- 2 tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- Kosher Salt (to taste)
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper (to taste)
- Place bite-sized bread pieces on the roasting tray’s baking sheet. Add a drizzle of olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss the bread pieces in the oil and seasoning spices to mix. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and bake them for 8 to 10 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the vinegar, mustard, horseradish, and honey. Drizzle in the vegetable oil while mixing the mixture constantly. Whisk in another two tablespoons of olive oil.
- Toss toasted bread with salad dressing (horseradish vinaigrette), Garrotxa cheese, and membrillo in a large mixing basin. Toss in the arugula and toss once more to evenly coat the salad with the horseradish vinaigrette. Season with salt and pepper, if desired, and serve with shredded Garrotxa cheese.
Calories: 398kcal, Carbohydrates: 34g, Protein: 12g, Fat: 24g, Saturated Fat: 8g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g, Monounsaturated Fat: 13g, Cholesterol: 30mg, Sodium: 527mg, Potassium: 82mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 5g, Vitamin A: 293IU, Vitamin C: 4mg, Calcium: 213mg, Iron: 1mg