Guys, how are you? Welcome back to my new blog, where you’ll learn how to cook a delicious catfish sandwich at home. The catfish sandwich is a popular New Orleans sandwich that consists of crispy battered fried catfish sandwiched between crusty French bread with lettuce, tomatoes, and a delectable remoulade. It’s a healthful recipe that’s very simple to prepare at home.
Sandwich recipe for a crunchy and delicious catfish sandwich. Catfish sandwiches are high in protein, vitamins, and minerals, and when they’re crispy battered, they’re a healthy complement to any meal. They’re also simple to make at home.
To make a catfish sandwich, you’ll need a bowl, fish, and a few other things. To create the catfish sandwich, combine mayonnaise, lemon juice, sauce, kosher salt, and ground black pepper in a small box, then beat eggs, sauce, and salt in a big mixing bowl, then combine cornmeal, flour, cornstarch, salt, and pepper in a third mixing bowl. Fry the fish after dipping it in all of the combinations. Coating a sandwich with sauce and mayonnaise creates a healthful dish that may be served and is also simple to cook at home.
This was a condensed version of the complete recipe. The whole recipe can be seen here.
Catfish Sandwich Recipe
I have a dish for you if you wish to eat a nutritious breakfast. It’s a catfish sandwich, to be precise. A wonderful fried catfish filling is topped with a spicy tartar sauce on this sandwich.
PREP TIME-15 mins, COOK TIME-10 mins ,TOTAL TIME-25 mins, CALORIES879 kcal
- Small Bowl
- Large Bowl
For Spicy Tartar Sauce
- 1 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 Lemon
- 3 tsp Horseradish
- 2 tsp Hot Sauce
- 2 tbsp Dill Relish
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 Ground Black Pepper
- 2 cups Oil
- 2 Eggs
- 3 dashes Hot Sauce
- 2 tbsp Seafood Seasoning
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 cup Cornmeal
- ½ cup All-Purpose Flour
- ½ cup Cornstarch
- 4 Catfish Fillets
- 4 Sourdough Sandwich Rolls
- 4 tbsp Butter
- 4 Romaine or Red Lettuce Leaves
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, lemon, horseradish, hot sauce, Dill relish, kosher salt, and ground black pepper to make the spicy tartar sauce. After that, place it in the refrigerator.
- Whisk together eggs, spicy sauce, seafood seasoning, and salt in a large mixing basin.
- Mix cornmeal, flour, cornstarch, salt, and pepper in a separate basin.
- The catfish should be marinated in the egg mixture. After that, add it to the flour mixture. Shake off any excess flour after coating it with the mixture.
- In a pan, heat the oil. Fill it with the marinated salmon. Fry for about 2 to 3 minutes, or until golden.
- Place it on a paper towel after cooking and season it with salt.
- After that, cut the sandwich rolls in half.
Calories: 879kcal, Carbohydrates: 53g, Protein: 37g, Fat: 57g, Cholesterol: 91mg, Sodium: 1283mg