This chicken subway sandwich recipe is quick and easy to make, and it’s a great option for a full breakfast. All you’ll need are a few fresh footlong breads, some morning chicken sausages, salad ingredients, and some nice cheese. This quick and easy homemade sub sandwich is the great way to start the day.
This delectable sandwich was made with two thick herby sausages wrapped between pieces of cheese and a salad of onion, tomato, jalapenos, and red paprika. I made these with multi-grain and multi-seed breads, which made them even more delectable.
The must-have ketchup and honey mustard, which served as subway sandwich condiments and neatly packaged the flavours. If you want to stick to basic flavours, Dijon Mustard is a good choice. Some people prefer mayonnaise on their footlong sandwiches, which I believe adds a lot of flavour and richness.
Ingredients for a Subway-style Chicken Sandwich
- Sandwich loaves would be an alternate to footlong loaves split in half. For a healthier version of the Italian subway sandwiches, I used multi-grain and multi-seed bread with Breakfast sausages. I used herb & chilli chicken sausages to add more flavour to my handmade subway sandwiches.
- Onion, tomato, and other salad vegetables can be used in sandwiches.
- Jalapenos, sliced
- Paprika (Red) Sliced
- Slices of cheese
- Honey Mustard Sauce with Ketchup
Best Chicken Subway Sandwich Recipe
This chicken subway sandwich recipe is easy, simple and a perfect idea for a quick and hearty breakfast recipe. All you need is a couple of fresh footlong loaves, some breakfast chicken sausages, veggies for salad and some good cheese. This homemade sub sandwich comes together in no time giving a perfect kickstart to the day.
Prep Time-10 mins, Cook Time-5 mins, Total Time-15 mins
- 2 Subway-style Bread Loaves
- 4 Chicken Sausages
- 1 Onion
- 1 Tomato
- 4 Cheese Slices
- Jalapenos For Sandwich
- Red Paprika For Sandwich
- Honey Mustard Sauce
- Fry the sausages in a frying pan or skillet with a teaspoon of butter. Remove them from the oven once they are crisp on all sides.
- Slit the loaves lengthwise at the sides. They should be opened.
- Place cheese slices on top, followed by onion rings and sliced tomatoes.
- Place the fried sausages on top, followed by the sauces.
- Place the top half of the loaves on top of the layers of veggies and cheese.
- Place them on a baking dish and brush them with melted butter. To melt the cheese, place them in the microwave on full power for one minute.
- Serve right away.